Thursday, December 30, 2004

On the stingy bandwagon

I think the newspaper editorialists are pushing the "stingy" American issue and need to find something else to criticize. I'm no fan of the Bush Administration (I voted for Kerry and was disappointed when he lost) but I believe when Bush says he's a man of God, he means it. We at least know that's true. He's certainly not going to be stingy. The media is always quick to point fingers but they don't really know anything first hand. Sure, journalists can talk to people and even go to the scene but they're really just bystanders. The people who are doing the work are trying to figure things out. The relief effort is unprecedented. Not everything that's said behind the scenes makes its way to the press. When the press doesn't have information, it seems it's always spun in a negative manner. I think the U.S. will be generous and if it isn't I know the people will be.