Thursday, August 28, 2008

Prickly McCain

That's what Time magazine called McCain.
Here's part of the interview. He's like a cactus:
What do you want voters to know coming out of the Republican Convention — about you, about your candidacy?
I'm prepared to be President of the United States, and I'll put my country first.

There's a theme that recurs in your books and your speeches, both about putting country first but also about honor. I wonder if you could define honor for us?
Read it in my books.

I've read your books.
No, I'm not going to define it.

But honor in politics?
I defined it in five books. Read my books.

[Your] campaign today is more disciplined, more traditional, more aggressive. From your point of view, why the change?
I will do as much as we possibly can do to provide as much access to the press as possible.

But beyond the press, sir, just in terms of ...
I think we're running a fine campaign, and this is where we are.

Do you miss the old way of doing it?
I don't know what you're talking about.

Really? Come on, Senator.
I'll provide as much access as possible ...

Here's another thing, expect republicans to make a really big deal out of Obama's speech being held at the Mile High stadium, where 80,000 people will watch. That's because McCain can barely fill a 5,000 seat venue. It's Karl Rove tactics of using someone's strengths against them.