Sunday, October 23, 2011

Rick Perry's Desperation Unbecoming for Presidency

Rick Perry is resorting to birtherism? Donald Trump? Sad, very sad. Everyone knows that Trump is a failed, slightly wacky business man with a TV show? Right? The amount of money one has doesn't equal success. We should be learning that. After all, if I go out and rob a bank I might have a lot of money, but I'm not very successful. How did Trump make his way to the top? How many times did he file bankruptcy? How many lives did he hurt along the way?
Perry's interview in Parade mag:
So how come there’s been so much controversy over it? For example, some people have said it’s simply not possible to jog and carry a gun at the same time.
One guy from upstate New York said [it couldn’t have happened because] “coyotes would run away.” Come to Austin. I’ll show you coyotes that will come and get in your backyard and eat your little puppy.

Governor, do you believe that President Barack Obama was born in the United States?
I have no reason to think otherwise.

That’s not a definitive, “Yes, I believe he”—
Well, I don’t have a definitive answer, because he’s never seen my birth certificate.

But you’ve seen his.
I don’t know. Have I?

You don’t believe what’s been released?
I don’t know. I had dinner with Donald Trump the other night.

And?
That came up.

And he said?
He doesn’t think it’s real.

And you said?
I don’t have any idea. It doesn’t matter. He’s the President of the United States. He’s elected. It’s a distractive issue.